Financial transparency group to meet on March 18
March 15, 2019
CHEYENNE, Wyo.– The Wyoming Financial Transparency Working Group will meet in Room B1 in the Emerson Building, located at 2001 Capitol Avenue in Cheyenne, from 10:00 a.m. – noon on Monday, March 18.
The agenda includes discussion on areas to improve and move ahead; State Auditor's release of expenditure data and plan for next year; review of best practices by other states; and the new public records law.
Governor Mark Gordon and State Auditor Kristi Racines created the Financial Transparency Working Group to develop specific solutions to improve transparency and accessibility to state financial data that can be implemented efficiently and expediently.
Members include: Governor Gordon, Auditor Racines, Senator Cale Case from Lander, Representative Tom Walters from Casper, Gail Symons from Sheridan, John Masters from Cheyenne, and Sheridan Press editor Kristen Czaben.
March 18 Agenda:
- Introductions and welcome.
- Discussion on a vision for areas to improve and the approach to move ahead.
- Auditor’s Office presentation on what expenditure data has been released and Office’s plan for
- the next year.
- Review of best practices from other states based on research by group member Gail Symons.
- Joint Appropriations Committee presentation by Rep. Tom Walters.
- New Public Records Law discussion with Senator Cale Case.
- Governor’s Budget Building Process Transparency Discussion.